Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Training Runs on the PCT

I want to spend as much time as possible practicing the terrain and elevation I'll be fastpacking. OK, as much as is reasonable, especially when many of these training runs on various sections of the PCT will require a shuttle.

Taking into account both distance and highest point of elevation, I tried to plan training runs on the PCT starting the last weekend of May. It's possible I will encounter snow for some of them. Five of the training runs will be overnighters. In the middle of all this is our 19th wedding anniversary, and I haven't planned that one yet. I am hoping we can go somewhere special to us (a good memory from hiking with our dogs maybe) and can camp out together.

So much will depend on how much snow we get this week. We've had a return of winter with lots of snow in the mountains. We may even get some snow in the lowlands. At any rate, it's been consistently cold enough to kill off the pests (mosquitos, mice, slugs).

I am only showing the late May through August portion of the training since I won't likely be able to get on the PCT until then due to snow.

***I removed my running schedule from the internet for safety reasons. If you'd like an idea of mileage, send me an email.***

It looks a little daunting to me right now, but hopefully by the time June rolls around, I'll be ready! In the meantime, I'll have to plan out campsites for each of the overnighters.

~LTR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Training for a 75-mile Fastpack in Retrospect

I've had considerable time to process my training for and run on Section J of the PCT this past August. My return to a normal running sc...