Saturday, February 17, 2018

Revised Fastpacking Training Schedule

As I've be running on the trails again and realizing how much I need to toughen up my ankles and quads, I've given some thought to following a 50-mile training plan instead of a 50K training plan. Since I will be running 50 miles the first day of my fastpack, and then 20 the second day, I think it's a good idea. The main difference is that instead of alternating an easy week with a hard week, I'll have two hard weeks in a row, followed by an easy week. This idea comes from the UltraLadies 50-mile Training Plan.

I am currently running on trails on Wednesday and Saturdays. I intend to run on trails on Sundays when I can, but by June, I want to be running trails consistently on Sundays, too. Also in June, I hope to start running parts of the PCT for my weekend runs, whether easy or hard. The more of the terrain and elevation I can get, the better. Of course, in June snow may be in issue in the higher elevations, but as soon as I can start training at 5,000 feet plus the better!

Here's the plan:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Training for a 75-mile Fastpack in Retrospect

I've had considerable time to process my training for and run on Section J of the PCT this past August. My return to a normal running sc...